In order to upload your compiled Android file (apk) you need to sign and algin it. There are several ways to do that, but the easiest is to use the tool APK Signer from Hai Bison.
- JDK 1.6+
- JRE 1.6+
- ADT (including zipalgin file, can be additionally downloaded here)
You can download the needed Java JDK’s and JRE here.
Download APK Signer
Unzip the archiv and run the java file.
Create a keystore file
The tool makes it very easy to create your keystore file. This file can be used for all your games. There is no need to create a new one for each app/game.
- (1) – Locate your Java JDK 1.6 installation path (Java/bin/…)
- (2) – Update the information for the keystore file (save your password, you’ll need it every time you want to sign your app!)
- (3) – Click ‘Save as …’ and save the path you want to create the keystore file
- (4) – Click ‘Generate Keyfile’
If you have added all information and the generation was successfully you will get this notification.
Sign your App
Here you find a simple video showing the steps below.
Switch to the ‘Signer’ tab and make sure the path to your JDK 1.6 installation is set.
- (1) – Load your keyfile and enter your two passwords (Hint: if you enter the ‘Password’ press the tabulator key. If you password was right the Alias will be set automatically)
- (2) – Load your app you want to sign (make sure that you have unchecked ‘Sign’ at Intel XDK, otherwise the apk is debug-signed already)
Press ‘sign’ to sign your app. You will get a file named ‘…SINGED_UNALIGNED.apk’
Align your app
Now go to the ‘APK Alignment’ tab and load the apk you got after the signing.
- (1) – Load your signed app file
Press ‘align’ and you will get a file named ‘…SIGNED_ALIGNED.apk’. This file is ready to be uploaded to the Google Play Store.
Got any problem? Please visit our support forum.Support