CorporateDrone

Google Play Error

For some reason my game no longer works. It crashes automatically after starting the app. This is the error the Pre-launch report gives me on the Google Play console : Issue: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.mytestapp1.myapp/com.mytestapp1.myapp.MainActivity}: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1.5"

This starting happening in June. The last successful working APK I uploaded was May 1st. I thought it was just some changes that I made to my game on Construct 2. However, I reuploaded the last working version of my game into Cocoon and uploaded it to Google like always and it still gives me the error above. I have tried using Webview+ and Canvas+ without success. Any suggestions? I have been using Cocoon successfully since November.

The Cocoon plugins I have installed are Admob, Google Play Games Social, IAP. For ads I use Ultimate Ads in Construct 2 (https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/ultimate-ads-3549)

Hi!

Thank you for your post. Have you tried to built it without the Ulitmate Ads plugin? Just for testing? It's been a while since my last built with cocoon, but that seems to be something from a third party addon.

Once I'm back home, I'll build my game and check If it crashes with the same issue.

Best,

Andy

Hi,

just made a fresh built of my game and exported it to Android. It starts fine after I had installed it on my tablet. Would you mind to attach a capx file? Best without the Ultimate Ads plugin. Because I do not have it. I'll check your capx file then.

So it works fine when I deleted the Ultimate Ads plugin. Is there an admob plugin for Construct 2 that works with Cocoon that offers interstitial ads, banners, and reward videos? 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:11 AM, CorporateDrone said:

It is giving me this warning message after uploading my APK as an alpha release. Did you get this message too? 

googleplay.png

Hi,

for this you simply can add following line to your config.xml in Cocoon.

<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="26"/>

This should remove the warning.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:22 AM, CorporateDrone said:

So it works fine when I deleted the Ultimate Ads plugin. Is there an admob plugin for Construct 2 that works with Cocoon that offers interstitial ads, banners, and reward videos? 

The default CocoonAds plugin do support banner and interstitials, but not RewardedAds sorry. The UltimateAd plugin is the best way to go. But also Toby, the author of this plugin, struggles with the lack of support from Cocoon Devs.

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/i-will-pay-cordova-developer-to-update-ludeis-ad-plugins/7744?u=andy_reitberger

Hopefully he gets the support he needs to fix his awesome plugin.

Thank you!

Same problem happens to me 2 weeks ago.

No solution yet.

* ** Cocoon Version **:

Tested on all versions: (latest), (2.0.0), (2.1.0), (2.2.0)

** Basic description of the problem **:

I'm compiling a developer app and installs it on my android device, but the app will not open. A message appears saying "APPNAME has stopped working".

I already tried to change the version of the construct, but the error is the same.

I tested the versions: R260, R259, R255, R252.

This happens in all my applications. I tested it in 5 different applications.

I want to update them in google play, 1 week ago it was okay, now none works.

* ** Device info **:

Asus zenfone 2, Asus zenfone 3, sansung galaxy duo, etc.

* ** Steps will reproduce the problem **:

1. export construct with cordova

2. compilation cocoon.io with canvas +

3. Plugins: canvasplus and cordovachartboost

4. test on android phone

5. Error: "APPNAME has stopped working"

* ** Log error **

"APPNAME has stopped working"

* ** Testcase **:

This happens in all my applications.

I want to update them in google play, 1 week ago it was okay, now none works.

* ** Webview engine (s) **:

CANVAS +

WEBVIWE

WEBVIWE+

* ** Used plugins (if relevant) **:

canvasplus and cordovachartboost

AFTER 48 HOURS WITHOUT SLEEP TRYING TO RESOLVE !!!!!
PROBLEM SOLVED GALERA !!!!!

SOLUTION INCREDIBLY NOTHING WILL BE.

SOLUTION: ADD TO THE PROJECT COCOON.IO ALEM DO CHARTBOOST THE FOLLOWING PLUGINS: (Google Play Games Social API) And In-App Purchases for Google Play

NOTE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE THOSE PLUGINS IN THE CONSTRUCT PROJECT. OMG

MADNESS NEH? INESPLICABLE.

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE DEDICATED TO HELP ME.

• Like 1

I do have the same problem. It shows the splash screen and then the black screen. I used Webview. Like You said @PAS GamesAndroid I have deleted Google play and IAP plugins in construct2 project and In cocoon.io I installed google play social API and In-app Purchases but it did not fix the problem.

Hi, Follow step by step below, any questions please contact: pauloarturbl@gmail.com

1- You "no" need to remove the plugins from your construct project 2.

2- After exporting to cocoon.io, compile with canvas +

3- Before compiling go to tab plugins in cocoon.io and add the following plugins:

cocoon-plugin-inapps-android-googleplay
cocoon-plugin-social-android-googleplaygames

4- The chartboost plugin will already be inserted after export so you do not need to add manually.

5-Use Cocoon version 2.2.0.

6- Go to the xml of your application in cocoon.io and edit the version of the plugins below:

<plugin name = "cocoon-plugin-inapps-android-googleplay" spec = "1.0.3" />
<plugin name = "cocoon-plugin-social-android-googleplaygames" spec = "1.1.5">

7- Save, and try to compile.

• Like 1