SettReznov

Random sound

I'm developing a children's game, a mobile with several animal sounds and songs, however, I have a main button that should play several random sounds, every time I click this button, I need to play a different sound, but I tried to All forms, but I can not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I just realized that I started this post in the wrong place. The correct would be for "support Construct2"

Edited by SettReznov

On 9.2.2017 at 2:40 AM, SettReznov said:

I'm developing a children's game, a mobile with several animal sounds and songs, however, I have a main button that should play several random sounds, every time I click this button, I need to play a different sound, but I tried to All forms, but I can not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I just realized that I started this post in the wrong place. The correct would be for "support Construct2"

Hi :)

that's not difficult. Just name your sounds like

animal_1, animal_2 and so on.

then add an event like:

"On touched button" - Audio - Play audio by name "animal_" & round(random(1,x))

// while x is the higest sound number

Regards Andy

Hello, thank you for replying.

This works perfectly. Thank you

I just wanted to know how I make one sound not overlap the other. If I press the button several times, I'll have several ringing sounds. I have a sound of 3 seconds, if I then press again, I'll hear the other sound and a small piece of the previous sound. Is it possible for me to make the previous sound stop when I press the button again?

Edited by SettReznov

2 hours ago, SettReznov said:

I did, though I do not know if this is the correct form.

Each time I click the button, the previous sound for and the next one begins, so no sound overlaps the other.

Capturar.PNG

Hi,

just add a condition like "Is any audio playing" and invert it.

is_any_playing_audio.png

You also can add a specific tag (or more tags). Like !"Is playing "sound_1".

Regards

Andy

Thank you, this works.
I just noticed that in this way, I can not get the other sound until the previous one ends. But I am satisfied with this mode.

I'm learning a lot here in the forum, before I was only able to edit games that I bought, now I'm starting to create my games.

• Like 1

On 16.2.2017 at 10:25 PM, SettReznov said:

Thank you, this works.
I just noticed that in this way, I can not get the other sound until the previous one ends. But I am satisfied with this mode.

I'm learning a lot here in the forum, before I was only able to edit games that I bought, now I'm starting to create my games.

I'm glad to hear that, let me know if you need further help :)

In another game I'm creating, I created a button to turn off the music and also the sound of the bladders, leaving only the animation of the bladders going up. The music is working perfectly, however when I click to stop the sound of the buttons, I still hear a "little crackling", I do not understand why the sound of the bladders does not completely disappear. Have you ever had this problem? You can look at the game here.

22 minutes ago, SettReznov said:

In another game I'm creating, I created a button to turn off the music and also the sound of the bladders, leaving only the animation of the bladders going up. The music is working perfectly, however when I click to stop the sound of the buttons, I still hear a "little crackling", I do not understand why the sound of the bladders does not completely disappear. Have you ever had this problem? You can look at the game here.

Hi,

I couldn't notice this "little crackling" in your demo. Maybe it's something the device is doing?

Regards

Andy