PretjeNL

Candy Land template

Question

Hello there,

I have purchased the Candy Land source code and i rebuild it completly.
Now i do have got a few questions about it.

- When you generate the normal platforms, i am also spawning moving platforms and fading platforms
- When the moving and fading platforms are created, sometimes they "overlap" the normal platforms on screen. They moving platforms do destroy the regular platforms though.
- Is it possible to make them NOT destroy itself on screen, but outside of the screen ? Because it doesnt look so good if you are jumping around and u see two platforms and one platform destroys the other one.

Thanks in advance.

Pretje

5 answers to this question

Hello there,

I have purchased the Candy Land source code and i rebuild it completly.
Now i do have got a few questions about it.

- When you generate the normal platforms, i am also spawning moving platforms and fading platforms
- When the moving and fading platforms are created, sometimes they "overlap" the normal platforms on screen. They moving platforms do destroy the regular platforms though.
- Is it possible to make them NOT destroy itself on screen, but outside of the screen ? Because it doesnt look so good if you are jumping around and u see two platforms and one platform destroys the other one.

Thanks in advance.

Pretje

Hello Pretje,

Thank you very much for your purchase and your message. 

1) Does this also happen in the original file of candyland without modifications? If not, can you send me your customized file to contact@shatter-box.com please?

2 & 3) I'm aware of that problem. I tried to solve it the way you mentioned above, but I also understand that this might look 'unprofessional'. But to avoid this, the creation function must be completely reworked. Maybe I find a smoother solution for that. 

If you could send me your file I'll have a look at it ;) But don't attach it here, please.

Thanks!

Andreas

Hey Andreas,

Thanks for your answers and help in advance.

1. I meant that more or less like : i build the game so it spawns normal and moving platforms. They do not spawn together at the same time.

2 +3. This also happens in the CandyLand source , as i have tested that also.
Isnt it possble to implement a some code like this :

- Whenever platform X spawns (X being a moving platform or a breakable platform) then do not spawn a normal one at the range of "xx" pixels.
  But not as much pixels that the low jumping guy can not reach the next platform. I have been looking at google if i could find something about it.

is it possible that u can check into the Candyland Source to rework the spawning technique and then i can copy past it into my own game.

Thanks in advance.

Pretje

Hey there,

okay that would be great!
Let me know when u have created something.

Thanks in advance

Barry

I actually thought of something by myself but it only partially works.

d8vvIbi.png

I only need to figure out when my "normal"platform spawns, they also contain springboards and spikes.

When the moving and fading platform "destroy" a normal platform, it doesnt destroy the spikes or springboards on it.

Hey there,

okay that would be great!
Let me know when u have created something.

Thanks in advance

Barry

I actually thought of something by myself but it only partially works.

d8vvIbi.png

I only need to figure out when my "normal"platform spawns, they also contain springboards and spikes.

When the moving and fading platform "destroy" a normal platform, it doesnt destroy the spikes or springboards on it.

Hi,

I changed the way the objects are created completely. Now the platforms doesn't overlap anymore.

I sent the file to your mail addresse you are using on our support forum. Please let me know if it worked for you, then I'll publish it on codecanyon as update. I bookmarked the position where the changes start and end.

Changelog

• changes were made in the event sheet es_game
  • Function for spawning the platforms randomly has been revamped (Now either a normal, fading or moving platform will be created, so there is no way of overlapping)
  • Function for spawning the springboard has been changed to work with the new platform creation function

Let me know if you find any issues or bugs.